A SMALL COLLECTION OF ANTIQUE SILVER
AND OBJECTS OF VERTU
THE WHAT IS? SILVER DICTIONARY

SILVER ADVERTISING:
MERIDEN BRITANNIA CO

In 1852 six or seven small Britannia ware plants in the town of Meriden were organized by Horace C. and Dennis C. Wilcox into the Meriden Britannia Co supplying Britannia, Albata and German silver ware, both plated and unplated, to many other firms.
An agreement was reached whereby the genius and skill of the Rogers were joined with the initiative and business ability of the Meriden concern.
The production of the '1847 Rogers Bros' line continued under the direction of William Rogers and in 1865 the plating shop was transferred from New Haven to Meriden and merged with Meriden Britannia Co in 1866.
In 1898 Meriden Britannia Company ceased to exist as an independent entity and became part of International Silver Company.

MORE about MERIDEN BRITANNIA CO     OTHER SILVER ADVERTISEMENTS

Meriden Britannia Co, 1891 advertisement Meriden Britannia Co, 1893 advertisement Meriden Britannia Co, 1894 advertisement
Meriden Britannia Co, 1899 advertisement Meriden Britannia Co, 1882 advertisement Meriden Britannia Co, 1893 advertisement
Meriden Britannia Co, 1898 advertisement Meriden Britannia Co, 1899 advertisement Meriden Britannia Co, 1908 advertisement
Meriden Britannia Co, 1899 advertisement

English home page
This is a page of 'The What is? Silver Dictionary' of A Small Collection of Antique Silver and Objects of vertu, a 1500 pages richly illustrated website offering all you need to know about antique silver, sterling silver, silverplate, Sheffield plate, electroplate silver, silverware, flatware, tea services and tea complements, marks and hallmarks, articles, books, auction catalogs, famous silversmiths (Tiffany, Gorham, Jensen, Elkington), history, oddities ...
HOME - SITE MAP - SILVER DICTIONARY - COOKIES CONSENT AND PRIVACY