GEORGE W.SHIEBLER & CO
The firm was established by George W. Shiebler in 1876.
In the first the firm produced only spoons and forks, expanding its line to the largest variety of novelties existing at the time.
In 1892 the firm was incorporated as George W. Shiebler & Co ad was in business until 1910 when the firm was dissolved.
The advertisement presents (left to right) Tea Spoon Peony, Dessert Spoon Poppy, Table Spoon Clematis, Table Fork Tulip, Dessert Fork Iris.
The Fiorito pattern was introduced in 1902
GEORGE W.SHIEBLER & CO: HISTORY & MARKS
OTHER SILVER ADVERTISEMENTS
This is a page of 'The What is? Silver Dictionary' of A Small Collection of
Antique Silver and Objects of vertu, a 1500 pages richly illustrated website offering all you need to know about
antique silver, sterling silver, silverplate, Sheffield plate, electroplate silver,
silverware, flatware, tea services and tea complements, marks and hallmarks, articles,
books, auction catalogs, famous silversmiths (Tiffany, Gorham, Jensen, Elkington),
history, oddities ...|
HOME - SITE MAP - SILVER DICTIONARY - COOKIES CONSENT AND PRIVACY