ROGERS, LUNT & BOWLEN COMPANY
This is a page of A
Small Collection of Antique Silver and Objects of vertu,
a 1000 pages richly illustrated website offering all you
need to know about antique silver, sterling silver,
silverplate, sheffield plate, electroplate silver,
silverware, flatware, tea services and tea complements,
marks and hallmarks, articles, books, auction catalogs,
famous silversmiths (Tiffany, Gorham, Jensen, Elkington,
WMF, Reed & Barton, Mappin & Webb, Bateman Family),
history, oddities ...
HISTORY AND MARKS
Lunt Silversmiths began its activity and was incorporated in Greenfield, MA in 1902 as Rogers, Lunt & Bowlen Company.
The firm succeeded to A. F. Towle & Son Co purchasing its tools, machinery, trademarks and good-will.
The business was managed by George E. Rogers (1849-1915, President and major investor), George Colby Lunt (Treasurer and General Manager) and William Caldwell Bowlen (1868-1934, Vice President and supervisor of manufacturing until his retirement in 1929).
George C. Lunt and William C. Bowlen were both qualified members of the staff of the defunct Towle's factory.
The company would become a celebrated domestic designer and producer of flatware, hollowware, and giftware for generations to come remaining in Lunt family hands for more than 100 years, making it the oldest continuously operating family-owned silver company in the United States.
On April 4, 1912 the RLB trademark obtained the U.S. federal registration under the serial number of 71062653.
In 1935 Rogers, Lunt & Bowlen Company's name was shortened to Lunt Silversmiths.
In 1957 Lunt Silversmiths acquired King Silver Co and its subsidiary Richard Dimes Company of South Boston, Ma.
Lunt Silversmiths had in its inventory a wide array of flatware patterns as Alexandra, American Directoire, American Victorian, Belle Meade, Carillon, Charles II, Chased Classic, Chatelaine, Colonial Manor, Colonial Theme, Contrast, Coronet, Counterpoint, Delacourt, Early american-Engraved, Early American-Plain, Early Colonial, Eloquence, Embassy scroll, English Shell, Festival, Floral Lace, Granado, Lace Point, Madrigal, Mary II, Memory Lane, Mignonette, Modern Classic, Modern Victorian, Monticello, Mount Vernon, Nellie Custis, Pendant of Fruit, Raindrop, Rapallo, Regency, Rondelay, Rose Elegance, Spring Serenade, Starfire, Summer song, Sweetheart Rose, William & Mary.
Embassy Scroll pattern (1981) was chosen by the United States government as its official tableware in all U.S. embassies and consulates around the world.
In late 2009 the company sold its brand and inventory to Reed & Barton and the following year all remaining manufacturing and inventory assets at the Greenfield, Massachusetts factory were sold at auction.
Headquarters/Factory at 298 Federal Street Greenfield, MA
The New York Showroom was at 41 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY
Flatware patterns: Kinberky (1981), Malvern (1970), Narcissus (1903), Orleans (1914).
|SILVERPLATE AND ELECTROPLATED SILVER OF USA AND CANADA
, musical instruments
plants and vegetables
, stars swords axes blades
|STERLING SILVER OF USA AND CANADA
|SILVER MANUFACTURERS: MARKS, HISTORY AND INFORMATION
This is a page of 'The What is? Silver Dictionary' of A Small Collection of
Antique Silver and Objects of vertu, a 1500 pages richly illustrated website offering all you need to know about
antique silver, sterling silver, silverplate, Sheffield plate, electroplate silver,
silverware, flatware, tea services and tea complements, marks and hallmarks, articles,
books, auction catalogs, famous silversmiths (Tiffany, Gorham, Jensen, Elkington),
history, oddities ...|
HOME - SITE MAP - SILVER DICTIONARY - COOKIES CONSENT AND PRIVACY